Re: NT Emacs make problem..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: NT Emacs make problem..
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:15:03 -0600 (MDT)

    > Perhaps the INSTALL file that we put in the tarball should have a
    > different name in CVS, perhaps TARBALL-INSTALL, and the INSTALL file
    > in CVS could give instructions for building from CVS.

    I suggest to have a separate file, called INSTALL-CVS or something.

I guess that name would be evident enough.  Can you write down
the necessary directions?

    The tarball in an Emacs release usually contains byte-compiled code
    for some of the files.

(Actually, for all the Lisp files that should be compiled.)

                            However, for the files checked out from CVS,
    there are no byte-compiled files.

    To build emacs from a CVS checkout, follow the instructions as you
    would for the tarball, except that replace the initial 'make' by 'make
    bootstrap'.

Is this really complete?  That is the real question.
What else do people need to know?