Re: NT Emacs make problem..

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: NT Emacs make problem..
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 17:48:47 +0200

> What else do people need to know [to build Emacs from CVS]?

I always run autoconf, then configure, then make bootstrap.  This
means that sometimes I get CVS conflicts in lisp/cus-load.el,
lisp/loaddefs.el and, occasionally, the configure script.  "cvs
update -C" is my friend.

Other people seem to run make bootstrap as seldom as possible,
preferring regular make all after the first make bootstrap.

And then, people might be interested in a fast method that does as
little as possible after a CVS update.  I think that it is possible
to be even faster than "make all"?

Those are the things that could be mentioned in the INSTALL-CVS
file.  Opinions?

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)