Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:43:47 -0600 (MDT)

        . Two lines take more space than one; this _is_ a serious issue of
        course at the beginning of a node we have a lot of vertical
        whitespace and vertically oversized lines.

The unhidden node line only takes up space until you scroll down in
the buffer.  By contrast, the header line takes up space all the time.
If space is the concern, we should try to get rid of the header line.

        . For the innocent user the doubled text looks like an error (he
        will not know every line serves its own purpose) and once told
        about it he might think Emacs is strange...

Getting rid of the header line would solve that too.  Maybe getting
rid of the header line is an improvement all around.