Re: autosave

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: autosave
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:39:27 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Oh, I guess I should mention a couple of other things:
>
> Actually the one thing I would like is a complete self-contained
> recipe for making the bug happen.  It is not normal for Emacs to write
> auto-save files in emacs.d.

The ~/.emacs.d/auto-save-list/ directory is used for the `.saves-*' files
where Emacs saves session information (used by "M-x recover-session").
(See startup.el:auto-save-list-file-prefix.)

These are not the normal auto-save files, but they do resemble them
because Emacs saves session info periodically, like it does with
auto-saving.  Perhaps the problem was with those files, not with autosave
files.