Re: NT Emacs make problem..

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: NT Emacs make problem..
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:29:39 +0200

"D. Goel" <address@hidden> writes:

> Cool, we are done with this file then :).  I am including the file at
> the end of this mail.  perhaps, Could the maintainers please install it?

I still think it would be useful to say something about "make
bootstrap".  Suggestion A (to be appended to the previous text):

Normally, it is not necessary to use "make bootstrap" after every CVS
update.  Unless there are problems, "make all" should be used.

Suggestion B (also for append):

Note that "make bootstrap" overwrites some files which are under CVS
control (in particular, lisp/loaddefs.el and lisp/cus-load.el).  So
subsequent CVS updates might lead to CVS conflicts.  If such a
conflict arises, just overwrite your copy of the file with a clean
copy from the CVS repository, for example by issuing the following
command:

    cvs update -C lisp/cus-load.el

It's not clear to me which of the two suggestions should go in, but
at least one of them appears useful.  (Maybe you want both.)

Opinions?

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)