Re: new text property

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: new text property
Date: 12 Jun 2002 10:14:47 +0900

    Colin> Otherwise, to disable/enable highlighting, you have to
    Colin> track down one of those variables, change it, and then
    Colin> recreate the buffer somehow so the change in the variable
    Colin> takes effect.  Just typing 'M-x font-lock-mode' is tons
    Colin> easier.

Good idea, but we're already heading this way in general with
"behaviors."  Unification we don't have, but the mechanism would allow
arbitrary unifications, I think, just as custom allows you to "set"
variables that don't exist or are a group of related variables..  And
the "recreate buffer somehow" is the main (current) point of the
"behavior feature."

So AFAICT, we can get the immediate effect of the new features through
our general mechanism.  Why reduplicate it ad hoc?

grep for "ben wing + behavior" in xemacs-beta, xemacs-design,
xemacs-patches:  http://list-archive.xemacs.org/$LIST_NAME