Problem with latest CVS version of keyboard.c

From: David Ponce
Subject: Problem with latest CVS version of keyboard.c
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:49:43 -0400

Hi All,

I just did a "make bootstrap" with today CVS Emacs 21 and noticed
that the keyboard mapping don't work correctly now :-(

A few examples of what I observed:

C-x C-f is interpreted as C-f and I see "Search for string:" prompt
in the minibuffer instead of "Find file: ...".

C-x C-c just displays C-c C-c in the minibuffer!

Many other keyboard shortcuts don't work as expected.

The problem has gone after I reverted keyboard.c to the version before
these changes:

2002-06-11  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>

        * keyboard.c (read_key_sequence):
        Remove prev_(fkey|keytran}_(map|start|end) since we don't want
        to pass things through those maps after downcasing events.
        Enforce that keytran_end <= fkey_start, i.e. that
        key-translation-map applies after function-key-map.
        Make sure that keytran can be done in the middle in the
        sequence.  Be careful not to throw away events past the one we
        downcase.

2002-06-11  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>

        * keyboard.c (readable_events): Ignore any number of
        FOCUS_IN_EVENT events and return 0 if nothing else in buffer.

I run GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt4.0.1381) of 2002-06-12.

Someone else got this problem?

Hope this will help.

Sincerely,
David

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with address@hidden
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/