Re: NT Emacs make problem..

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: NT Emacs make problem..
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:13:44 -0400

> If so, maybe we should use md5 checksums instead of file dates
> in loaddefs.el to determine whether a file has changed.

Please don't.  It would slow down the `make autoloads' step significantly.

> Would that solve the problem?

I"m not even sure it would.  Some of the reasons for conflicts can be that
you have local modifications so the md5sum would still be different.

BTW, I've recently changed the `-k' setting of loaddefs.el to `-kb'
which should mean that merging is never done any more (but you'll
probably need to check out a new workarea for the new setting to
take effect).  I haven't checked to see if I've made the change
correctly and if CVS implements it correctly, tho.

        Stef