Re: NT Emacs make problem..

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: NT Emacs make problem..
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:37:14 +0200

>     Normally, it is not necessary to use "make bootstrap" after every CVS
>     update.  Unless there are problems, "make all" should be used.
>
> That is a good point.  We should state that.

OK.

>     Note that "make bootstrap" overwrites some files which are under CVS
>     control (in particular, lisp/loaddefs.el and lisp/cus-load.el).  So
>     subsequent CVS updates might lead to CVS conflicts.
>
> Why do conflicts happen here?

I don't know why the local files end up to be different than the
files on the server, but I see CVS conflicts from time to time.  (By
this I mean that "cvs update" reports the file as "C lisp/cus-load.el".)

I could wait for the next conflict and then look for the conflict
markers, then post my findings here.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)