Re: Problem with latest CVS version of keyboard.c

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Problem with latest CVS version of keyboard.c
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:47:57 -0400

> I just did a "make bootstrap" with today CVS Emacs 21 and noticed
> that the keyboard mapping don't work correctly now :-(
>
> A few examples of what I observed:
>
> C-x C-f is interpreted as C-f and I see "Search for string:" prompt
> in the minibuffer instead of "Find file: ...".
>
> C-x C-c just displays C-c C-c in the minibuffer!
>
> Many other keyboard shortcuts don't work as expected.
>
> The problem has gone after I reverted keyboard.c to the version before
> these changes:
>
> 2002-06-11  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>
>
>         * keyboard.c (read_key_sequence):
>         Remove prev_(fkey|keytran}_(map|start|end) since we don't want
>         to pass things through those maps after downcasing events.
>         Enforce that keytran_end <= fkey_start, i.e. that
>         key-translation-map applies after function-key-map.
>         Make sure that keytran can be done in the middle in the
>         sequence.  Be careful not to throw away events past the one we
>         downcase.
>
> 2002-06-11  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>
>
>         * keyboard.c (readable_events): Ignore any number of
>         FOCUS_IN_EVENT events and return 0 if nothing else in buffer.
>
> I run GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt4.0.1381) of 2002-06-12.
>
> Someone else got this problem?

Hmm... I don't see it here.  I suspect that it's due to my change
(Richard's seems unrelated), but could you try to revert only one
of the two changes, just to make sure which of the two is posing
problems ?

Does it happen with `-q --no-site-file' ?
How about with/without -nw ?
Could you show us the content of your function-key-map
and key-translation-map ?

        Stefan