Emacs mode for GDB

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Emacs mode for GDB
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:54:11 +0100

I have updated the mode for Emacs, gdb.el (Version 0.3), that I am writing.
Changes include :

* Display of arrays (formatting and slices : C only) and structures
  improved. To view slices click on appropriate index by the header called
  `Slice' with the middle mouse button (`gdb-array-slice') and enter values
  in the minibuffer.

* Interaction with watchpoints in breakpoints buffer now working.

* New lisp function : toggle-gdb-windows : Toggle the number of windows gdb
uses.

* Removed hypertext help buffer (converted from XEmacs gud.el) until author is
  traced and legal papers obtained. This probably isn't the mailing list to
  ask but does anyone know who wrote this ?

* Numerous minor changes (again).

It can be downloaded from http://www.nick.uklinux.net and the current version
will always be at gdbel.tgz.

It looks half decent now and I would be grateful if people could test it on a
real debugging session of a C program (Emacs ? ;-))

Nick