Re: Building emacs with and without X -- packaging question.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building emacs with and without X -- packaging question.
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:54:34 +0300

> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:47:18 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
> Making DOC be the same on Windows as on Unix-like systems is possible,
> but it will be somewhat more work, and more costly in a way.  Is it
> important to do this?  Are there users that want to share the DOC file
> between Windows machines and GNU-like systems?

I don't think there will be many users who will need that, but it's
quite possible that someone has an Emacs installation on a networked
disk exported to both Unix and Windows systems.

Since the maintainers of the Windows port need to sync the Makefile's
anyhow, I think we should try to keep the DOC files identical while
at that.