Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:01:30 -0700

> On 18 Jun 2002, D. Goel wrote:
>> it seems that when things get slow, everything gets slow.. it seems
>> to take emacs a minute to even recognize a C-n ...

> Is it really a minute, or just ``too long to wait''?

> If it really takes a minute, I'd first try to see if your system
> runs out of physical memory and starts paging.  Do you see amy
> significant disk activity during this time?

You know, I've noticed further than 21.3.50 isn't super slow at the
beginning, but only after I've been using Emacs for about a minute.
It is still on my list to track down what's causing it to slow down,
but at least I know the slowdown is not universal, but related to
something I'm doing or activating.

John