Re: how to find out methods for tramp?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: how to find out methods for tramp?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:46:47 +0000 (UTC)

   I think the use of a capital together with the particular grammatical
   construct used makes it clear that this use of the word `windows'
   refers to a proper name rather than to the general concept of a window.
   I'm surprised that anybody would be confused.

I get confused because many of the people I know refer to `X Windows'
and shorten that phrase to `Windows'.

I also know some people who use Microsoft operating systems.
Sometimes they use the word `Windows' the way the Microsoft marketing
department wants them to, in a manner that denies the existence of any
other windowing system.  This multiple use of the word is what causes
the ambiguity.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com