Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input
Date: 21 Jun 2002 05:02:58 +0900

>     Personally, I find that it's _usually_ the case that when I hit C-c C-c
>     with unsent input, it's because I forgot to kill a program, and had
>     started to type the next command, and then suddenly realized what was
>     going on, and hit C-c C-c.
>
> Perhaps it should kill the input when the input follows a prompt
> but not otherwise.  What do you think of that idea?

That would make sense, but I'm not sure how possible it is to do a good
job -- the code doesn't ever know when you're seeing a real prompt or
not, just that there's some non-newline-terminated output.  So if a
process displays something like `Pausing...' with no terminating
newline, comint's going to think it's a prompt until it sees more
output (in some sense, I suppose you could say that `Pausing...' _is_ a
prompt, inviting you to hit ^C!).

-MIles

--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein