Re: Integrate Tramp

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Integrate Tramp
Date: 21 Jun 2002 01:02:53 +0200

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

>    ... And for the multi-hop methods, the hops could be separated by
>    comma and the "hop" part could be separated by "#", ...
>
> This is pretty good, except that I would like a visually stronger
> connection between the two hops.  How about a `pipe' symbol, | ?
> The `pipe' symbol provides the added useful connotation that you are
> tunneling through one system to get to another.
>
> Here are two multi-hop connections that I want to make:
>
>     /address@hidden|address@hidden:/home/bob/www
>
>     /address@hidden|address@hidden:/home/bob/

This looks nice, but I think it could be simplified even further
if the presence of `|' implicitly specifies the multi-hop method:

     /address@hidden|address@hidden:/home/bob/www

     /address@hidden|address@hidden:/home/bob/

If not already possible, I think it would be really nice if the
"remote-method-alist" allows the specification of abbreviations,
e.g. so that

     /titan:/...

is equivalent to

     /address@hidden|address@hidden:/...