Re: Integrate Tramp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Integrate Tramp
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:12:09 +0200

> I suggest address@hidden@method (or some other permutation)
> just to reduce the number of delimiters that mean something special.

Why is it a problem to have all kinds of special characters before the
colon?

With Emacs 21.2, giving the filename /address@hidden:/foo results in Emacs
trying to log in (via FTP) on the host "z" as the user "[x]y".  Does
it really matter that it is not possible anymore to specify this kind
of user name?  (I guess it would still work to specify this user name
if you also specify the method in the filename.)

Ange-FTP already uses `#', so if we must do this my suggestion is

    /address@hidden:/path/to/file

This does not increase the number of special characters.

kai