Re: Integrate Tramp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Integrate Tramp
Date: 21 Jun 2002 22:23:15 +0900

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> There are at least two multi-hop methods, multi and multiu.  multi
> uses base64 encoding (using mimencode) to transfer the files, and
> multiu uses uuencode.
>
> I therefore suggest to keep the method prefix for multi-hop methods,
> at least at first, until more auto-detection has been added to Tramp.

That's fine -- but it should be optional to specify the multi-method, and
if not specified, it use some user-specifiable default.  The plethora
of methods provided by tramp is good, but I think most people will only
want to use a few in their environment, and can default quite a bit.
[In any case, the syntax chosen should definitely make it possible to
leave out the multi-method, to allow for the future.]

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.