Re: address@hidden: modeline doesn't divulge buffer will go bye bye]

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: address@hidden: modeline doesn't divulge buffer will go bye bye]
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:30:16 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe we could consider the "buffer with no file" in a similar way
> as some GUI text processors treat (unsaved) new documents.

Maybe we should do just that -- set the buffer-file-name to
/nonexistingdrive/buffername, and set a new variable "buffer needs
file", so that Emacs will ask about saving changes (because there is a
file name associated with it), and then when the user hits C-x C-s,
Emacs recognizes that the fil name is still unknown, and asks the user
for it.

Alex.
--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html