Re: Integrate Tramp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Integrate Tramp
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:51:19 -0600 (MDT)

    > I have always been assuming that tramp would tell me, quite vividly,
    > what method I am using.  (The autodetection might put the method into
    > the file name or something like that.)  I am now and want in the
    > future to be very conscious of which kind of transport channel I am
    > using.

    Currently, Tramp indeed puts the method in the filename.

That seems like a useful feature, but I wonder where you
can do it without its being an anomalous thing to change the file name.
Which operation does this?

I suppose if expand-file-name does it there will be no anomaly, since
it normally returns a file name that is different from the one you
gave it.  Is that what you did?