Re: Invoke Ange-FTP from within Tramp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Invoke Ange-FTP from within Tramp
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:52:00 +0200

> If you are programming the nonlocal control transfer,
> it is better to use catch and throw, rather than errors.
> (See the Emacs Lisp Manual.)

Okay, I will do that.  Note that I did look in the Emacs Lisp Manual,
but I didn't see anything which told me which variant to use.  That's
why I asked here.

Is there some kind of rule?

> Since I have not studied the code, I don't have an opinion
> about the third alternative.

I tried to do it, but then I decided to use the nonlocal control
transfer.  Having most of the function inside the `else' part of a
conditional appeared too ugly (to me).

kai