Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:41:48 +0200

On 25 Jun 2002 11:06:54 -0400, "D. Goel" <address@hidden> wrote:

> FWIW, i think i finally understood a way to get out of this loop ---
> invoke a ehelp-buffer, and then press 'r' to retain it, and the
> previous loop is gone...

He, thanks, I think I'm gonna use it often ;-)

> (am a big user or ehelp my C-h-->'ehelp, and have observed all the
> same points you mentioned, and imho too, as you said, the buffer
> retained upon quitting should be a help buffer, the follow-links
> should work, the quit should be clean, the 'ehelp-loop' would do
> better to be a 'local' thing somehow... )

Yes. OTOH, I know pretty well that saying "should" is a way of musing "I
should" :)

What restrains me is that I've studied ehelp.el (and electric.el) for
quite a while, and the more I look at it, the more I feel a full rewrite
would be the best answer...

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u