Re: address@hidden: modeline doesn't divulge buffer will go bye bye]

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: address@hidden: modeline doesn't divulge buffer will go bye bye]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:07:38 +0200

         Save buffers not associated with a file before exit? (y/n)

   The question could say "Ask you now about saving buffers that have no
   files?".  I think that is clear.

I find the question you propose unclear.  Maybe that depends on the
language, I don't know.  The fact is that a question that asks me if I
should be asked is somehow confusing.  So maybe reversing the question
would reteain the clarity of mine and the meaning of yours:

Discard buffers that are not associated with a file? (y/n)

   It could do this only if "hand-made" buffers exist, so that in many
   cases you won't be asked the question at all.

Sure.

But, when writing my initial suggestion, I involuntarily suggested a
wider-scope change.  Before asking those questions on exit, Emacs could
display a single window in the frame where the user typed C-x C-c, with
the list of all unsaved buffers, possibly in different columns for those
with and without an associated file.