Re: No calc in pretest?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: No calc in pretest?
Date: 01 Jul 2002 10:55:23 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> Personally, I don't see what's the fuss about the version numbering
> (other packages, such as Texinfo, do the same as Emacs), but that's
> just me.

I think moving to more conventional version numbers (e.g. adding a new
level for `minor releases') would be a good thing, because it tells
users what they're getting without them having to download the whole
package first.  Since emacs is a _very large_ download, this is actually
somewhat important (many people don't want to download a minor bugfix
release if they're happy with what they've got).

I agree that it would entail a bit of work to implement, but I doubt
it's really that much...

-Miles

--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I