Mac OS X File Icon Drag and Drop

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Mac OS X File Icon Drag and Drop
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:51:57 -0600

Hi,

I've just made a few small changes so that on Mac OS X,

1. the Emacs application will now be represented by a gnu icon instead
   of by the generic application icon, and

2. files of any type can be dragged-and-dropped onto the Emacs
   application to open them.

The Apple Event handlers have always been there and worked in the
classic version.  I just didn't properly initialize them on the Mac OS
X version.  Thanks are due to Steven Tamm for supplying the code for
that.

The gnu icon is from http://www.gnu.org/graphics/reiss-head.jpg with a
drop shadow added and converted to icns file format.  For those who
like the icon in the classic version better, a larger, color version
is available at

  http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi/emacs/Emacs.icns

To use it, simply replace the file with the same name in

  mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/

by this one.  This is the icon I use :-).

If you are updating from CVS, to make drag-and-drop work, you will
probably need to delete the files ~/Library/Preferences/LS* and
~/Library/Preferences/.LS* and restart.

Andrew.