Re: No calc in pretest?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: No calc in pretest?
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 12:38:00 -0400

> "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > That when it was decided that 21.3 would also be a bugfix release,
> > several :version and make-obsolete statements had to be updated
> > to say "21.4" instead of "21.3".
>
> But that's unrelated to whether the next trunk release is 22.1 or 21.4
> (and the adoption of minor-minor version numbers will get rid of this
> problem in the future, regardless of what the next trunk release is
> called).

The proposition was *instead* of minor-minor version numbers.
I.e. just make the MM part of NN.MM be a bugfix-release-number and
whenever a release is not bugfix only, then bump up the NN.

Of course, another solution is to not do any parallel development on
several branches at the same time.
Parallel development on several branches is extra work and I'm not
sure whether it's worth it for us to do it.

        Stefan