Re: No calc in pretest?

From: Jon Cast
Subject: Re: No calc in pretest?
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:56:53 -0500

Stefan Monnier <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:
> > > If it's more convenient to name the current trunk 22.0, then I
> > > think it should be done.

> > No one has presented a good reason why it would be more convenient
> > either.

> I don't necessarily claim that the :version problem in defcustom and
> in make-obsolete is "a good reason", but I think it is an annoyance.
> I'd much rather fix that annoyance than stick to some vague notion
> of "significant change".

Why doesn't using 21.4 for the next release from head and 21.4.x for
bug-fix releases after that fix you :version complaint?  Even if the
next release from head turns out to be 21.5, the release from head
after that still cannot be anything but 21.6 (or 22, but it's only 22
if we know ahead of time it's a major change).  So, the problem will
be as fixed as possible at some point in the future with my
suggestion.  Your suggestion may fix it faster, but it'll also confuse
more users.

>       Stefan

Jon Cast