Re: comint-carriage-motion causes severe problems.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: comint-carriage-motion causes severe problems.
Date: 03 Jul 2002 09:02:39 +0900

> Miles, could you please show an example where the feature is
> beneficial?

[BTW, Luc has already agreed, in another message, that default should be
 on, with ielm turning locallying disabling it.]

Some examples that I use frequently are `apt-get' (the debian package
updating program), and `lftp' (an ftp program).  Both of these use BS
and CR (actually, I think apt-get uses only CR, whereas lftp uses only
BS) to update progress displays.  Such usage is fairly common (for
instance most value-added ftp clients implement it).

-Miles
--
Would you like fries with that?