Re: mgp.el

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: mgp.el
Date: 03 Jul 2002 21:22:11 +0200

> We got the papers for mgp.el.  Can you send me the code
> to install?

I have worked some more on the code and it is now IMHO more or less
feature complete. There are two more things that could be done which
are mentioned in the documentation under TODO.

You can fetch it from http://www.umverkehr.ch/egli/mgp.el

There is one slight problem in that the name of this file clashes with
an Emacs Lisp program named mgp.el to convert mgp file to
LaTeX2e. This program is shipped in the contrib directory of
magicpoint.

I don't know if we have to go through the paper signing process again
if we choose to change the name of the .el file.

To me it looks like we have the following options:

1. Ignore the name clash and let the magicpoint developers handle this
   problem. This might be a problem for e.g. Debian where all
   magicpoint .el files are put into the site-lisp file.

2. Rename our version before putting it into Emacs. This might require
   a rerun of the paper signing process. Possible names are
   magicpoint.el or magicpoint-mode.el (mgp.el and mgp-mode.el are
   taken as they are shipped in the contrib directory of the
   magicpoint sources).

> Have you tested it with the latest development version of Emacs,
> as found in the CVS repository on savannah.gnu.org?  If not,
> it would be very useful if you did that now.

I have tested it with GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X
toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) on Debian

I'll try to test it with CVS this week.

--
Christian Egli