Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:57:25 -0600 (MDT)

    Just out of curiosity, what does exactly mean
    "Internationalize Emacs's messages."?

It means to make Emacs use gettext or something equivalent.

In terms of benefit for *all* users, this is at least a thousand times
as important as any work on ehelp.  Maybe a hundred thousand times as
important.  Improvingd on ehelp can only be only useful for writing
other fairly obscure packages for advanced users.  Internationalizing
the messages Emacs outputs would be useful to every potential Emacs
who does not speak English.