Re: SIGPIPE

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: SIGPIPE
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:24:34 -0600 (MDT)

    0x403a83e4 in write () from /lib/libc.so.6
    (gdb) bt
    #0  0x403a83e4 in write () from /lib/libc.so.6
    #1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
    (gdb)

    >From the backtrace it seemed to me that the stack was smashed, so I
    continued the process, expecting to see it abort.

It looks to me like GDB has got confused by some legitimate
stack contents.  Perhaps the `write' function does not set up
a normal stack frame.  It would be good to change GDB to
handle what `write' actually does on the stack.

What platform is this?  What GDB version?