Re: [patch] XPM in gamegrid.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [patch] XPM in gamegrid.el
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:05:26 -0600 (MDT)

    I know that I've never understood the point of having frame-local
    face definitions, whereas the need for buffer-local face definitions
    has shown up every once in a while.

I don't see much use for frame-local face definitions either.  The reason
the feature exists is that it was included in the original faces code
that I got from Lucid Emacs way back when.

Perhaps we should ask if anyone has ever used them, and consider
replacing this feature with buffer-local face definitions.

Miles wrote:

    It's quite handy for `special' frames, e.g., I sometimes use a `Calc'
    frame which is very small but with a huge default face, and only keep a
    Calc buffer in it (similarly for tooltip frames, etc).

Miles, would a buffer-local face definition work just as well for this
job?