Re: [patch] XPM in gamegrid.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [patch] XPM in gamegrid.el
Date: 06 Jul 2002 12:49:10 +0900

BTW, I want to say I think replacing frame-specific faces with
buffer-specific faces would be a fantastic idea.  The frame-specific
nature of faces is the cause of much confusion for new users (it seems
like half the postings to the emacs newsgroups are of the form `why
doesn't my change affect new frames').

I think almost all the uses of frame-specific faces are by mode-authors
for specialized modes such as speedbar, etc., and that 99% of those uses
could be simply replaced by buffer-specific faces (and the latter would
in fact probably make the mode author's job easier, since his special
faces would work even in normal frames).

In fact, if we want to make this change, I'll offer my help to do it
(crossing my fingers that it's not _too_ hairy...).

-Miles
--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'