Re: bytecomp warning for CL functions

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: bytecomp warning for CL functions
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:30:12 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   Dave's warning code checks for multiple-value-call,
   a name that I remember vaguely from long ago.
   However, loading cl.el does not define multiple-value-call.
   Is that absence a bug?  If so, would someone like to define it?
   (Or tell me what it is supposed to do?)

In Emacs21.2.90 loading cl seems to define multiple-value-call.
Output of C-h f:

multiple-value-call is an alias for `apply' in `cl'.
[Missing arglist.  Please make a bug report.]

Call FUNCTION with our remaining args, using our last arg as list of
args.
Then return the value FUNCTION returns.
Thus, (apply '+ 1 2 '(3 4)) returns 10.

Sincerely,