Re: reducing defface redundancy

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: reducing defface redundancy
Date: 12 Jul 2002 10:28:16 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > If we have buffer-specific face attributes, or buffer-specific face
> > redirections, you could use them to give the minibuffer different faces.
>
> How would we do that ?  As part of the creation of the " *minibuffer-N*"
> buffers ?  What about the echo area ?

In my scheme, which uses a variable (call it `face-mappings') to do face
remappings in buffers, there could be a special variable
`echo-area-face-mappings' to handle the echo area.

Perhaps minibuffers should inherit the contents of that variable as the
initial value for their `face-mappings' variable, which would make the keep
the appearance of the echo-area/minibuffer consistent, or maybe their
should be an independent `minibuffer-face-mappings' variable.  In any case,
more specific customizations can be done using `minibuffer-setup-hook'.

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.