Re: What happened to the key-menu patch?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What happened to the key-menu patch?
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:37:22 -0600 (MDT)

      Also what about merging
    `menu-item's ?

As far as I know, there is no reason ever to do this.  If you find two
menu items in scanning one keymap, the first should shadow the second.

    What do you mean by "ignore" ?
    Does that mean that if I do

            (let ((map (make-spase-keymap)))
              (set-keymap-marent map global-map)
              (define-key map "\C-x" (make-sparse-keymap)))

    I'might never see any of the C-x bindings in `global-map' ?

That's correct.  I believe that read-key-sequence using this map
won't see them either.