Re: No atimers?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: No atimers?
Date: 17 Jul 2002 00:36:21 +0200

> Before debugging why my change in eval.c made the hourglass
> pointer stop working, I decided to observe the bug.
> I discovered that the hourglass pointer doesn't work for me at all.
> start_atimer is called, and set_alarm seems to call setitimer
> with the right arguments, but alarm_signal_handler is never called.
>
> Does anyone else using GNU/Linux observe the hourglass pointer to
> work?  Does it work on any system?

It seems that after hitting C-g, the cursor sometimes changes to a
watch and stays like that even when emacs isn't busy at all (e.g. it
accepts input from the keyboard).

When this happens, I typically have to move the cursor to the menu
bar to make it go back to the normal cursor.

Here is what I do:

emacs -q --no-site-file

move the mouse cursor into the emacs frame

C-h l

C-g

After 1 second, the mouse cursor changes to a watch...