Re: Constant garbage collection in 21.2.90.1 (pretest)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Constant garbage collection in 21.2.90.1 (pretest)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:04:06 -0600 (MDT)

    Could there be a memory leak somewhere?  What is the best way to debug
this?  I
    looked into the Emacs gc chapter but I didn't see anything that would help.

I suspect there is a memory leak in Emacs, but I don't know anything
about the cause.  One possible cause is that some sort of history list
(or something like a history list which isn't officially called that)
is growing and we need to add code to truncate it occasionally.  There
could also be an ordinary memory leak involving non-GCable C data.

If you could narrow down which operations increase the size
inordinately, we might be able to find the problem.