RE: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: emacs-21.2.90 on HP 11.0]]

From: WAROQUIERS Philippe
Subject: RE: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: emacs-21.2.90 on HP 11.0]]
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:46:54 +0200

     Results:  1) I can now abort a running job in a shell fine.
              2) (sleep-for 3) still never comes back.
              3) Cursor doesn't blink and still goes away until you touch a
key.
    Thanks for all your efforts.

  It looks like there is still work to be done.
  Bruce, can you find an HPUX developer who can help us
  solve these Emacs problems?

Maybe you have not seen the previous mail I send.
There are 2 problems that were investigated and solved.
One results in a simple patch in sysdep.c (avoid using SA_RESTART).
The other one is the patch in process.c (by the way, I confirm the
final patch you have send is working).

If *both* patches are applied and POSIX_SIGNALS is defined,
all the problems above are disappearing.
In other words:
   (while t)       is interrupted by C-g
   (sleep-for 3)   really sleeps 3 seconds
   abort running job in shell works (both with C-c C-c and with Signal ->
Break)

As far as I can see, Tom has tested with only the process.c patch installed.
This patch only fixes the job abort. The other patch (SA_RESTART) is needed
to solve the problems 2 and 3 above.

Thanks for the work on all this ...