Re: emacs and guile (Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs and guile (Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:54:57 -0600 (MDT)

    Is there a way to use Guile (Scheme?) to emulate Emacs Lisp?  I think
    somebody has written a Common Lisp module that emulates Emacs Lisp,
    but I haven't heard about Guile/Scheme.

This is a very important and useful area to work on.

    Or is the idea to have two languages side-by-side in Emacs?

All else being equal, I think it would be best if we could support
both languages on one engine.  That would make Emacs simpler.
However, if that is not feasible, as a fall back we could use
both engines.