please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes

From: Dave Love
Subject: please consider emacs-unicode for pervasive changes
Date: 18 Jul 2002 17:02:59 +0100

There have been various pervasive changes recently which will cause
grief merging the unicode branch eventually.  Could people doing this
for Mule-related files (including display) please be prepared to
modify the `emacs-unicode' branch too.  I don't know if handa would
like to be consulted beforehand, but I assume he'd appreciate having
it done now, with less problems later on.  (I guess the same would go
for other active branches, if there are any.)

Thanks.

[In case this doesn't sound reasonable, I expect others with as much
experience would agree.  Even trivial global renaming of things can
cause trouble.  Some of the changes that have been made don't look
trivial and would probably need their authors consulting anyhow if
someone else did the work.]