Re: emacs and guile (Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs and guile (Re: ehelp woes, or why I hate a module that I love so much)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:54:44 -0600 (MDT)

    A related issue is the symbol name -- a Lisp symbol name is a Lisp
    string, with some of the associated fields ignored for matching
    purposes.

I don't think this is a feature.  Perhaps we should make intern
discard text properties (if there are any) in the string it uses as
the symbol's name.

    An Emacs Lisp symbol's name can also be changed after interning, such
    that it won't be found when interning either the old name or
    (probably) the new name.

This is something you should never do; we can consider it as
an undefined case.