Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: emacs-21.2.90 on HP 11.0]]

From: Stef Van Vlierberghe
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: address@hidden: emacs-21.2.90 on HP 11.0]]
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:11:10 +0200

Tom Wurgler writes:

 > Recently Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
 >
 > > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:55:08 -0600 (MDT)
 > > From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
 > > CC: address@hidden, address@hidden,
 > >         address@hidden, address@hidden,
 > >         address@hidden
 > >
 > >     If *both* patches are applied and POSIX_SIGNALS is defined,
 > >     all the problems above are disappearing.
 > >     In other words:
 > >        (while t)       is interrupted by C-g
 > >        (sleep-for 3)   really sleeps 3 seconds
 > >        abort running job in shell works (both with C-c C-c and with Signal
 > > ->
 > >     Break)
 > >
 > > That is good.  Thanks.
 > >

 > I have that the all the problems I reported are fixed with these patches (the
 > BROKEN_SA_RESTART in sysdep.c and hpux11.h, and the process.c patch), but I
 > don't find that the (while t) is interruptable.  Did I miss a fix here?
 >
 > thanks
 >
 > tom

I think the (while t) problem was caused by the SA_RESTART.

If you use tusc (tusc.7.2.shar from HP devresource site) to look at
the system calls being made with emacs is hanging, you should see a
repetition of select() calls being continuously interrupted by SIGALARMs.

Use :

tusc -R -v -o /tmp/emacs.tusc emacs

That will show you the system call restarts (-R)
The options used when installing signal handlers (-v)
will put the output in /tmp/emacs.tusc (-o)

Good luck.
--
Stef Van Vlierberghe                   Eurocontrol - CFMU room 20115
address@hidden   Raketstraat 96