Re: bytecomp warning for CL functions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bytecomp warning for CL functions
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:35:05 -0600 (MDT)

    But it doesn't work so well if `bar' gets loaded by foo.elc
    (and is thus marked as "not available at runtime") but is later
    on required explicitly.  I don't check this case.

I am having trouble understanding what the scenario is here.

    Also, if `foo' was already loaded when the compilation started,
    the results depend on how it was loaded, so it doesn't work
    too well with recompile-directory unless the file is either always
    required directly or always required through `eval-when-compile'.

This is a very important case, as regards CL.