Re: improving function "mode-line-unbury-buffer" in bindings.el

From: 恒吉 徹
Subject: Re: improving function "mode-line-unbury-buffer" in bindings.el
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:38:14 +0900 (JST)

From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:56:05 -0600 (MDT)

> What I see in the code of Fother_buffer is that it prefers the buffers
> that have been shown in this frame before.  However, burying a buffer
> removes it from the frame's buffer list (this is a recent bug fix).

Do you use emacs of which version?
(I use emacs-21.2 downloaded from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/.)
Will you tell me how to get emacs of newer vesion or it's reference
site?

> So as you cycle in this way, the frame's buffer list will empty out
> and you will indeed get all the non-hidden buffers.
>
>     - doing bury-buffer once will bury xyz and show *scratch*, and
>     - doing bury-buffer again will bury *scratch* and show xyz.
>
> I get *Messages* the third time now.

By the way, for example, if you have only one buffer *Messages*, bury-buffer
makes a buffer *scratch*. How about unbury-buffer?