Re: byte-compiler very slow

From: David Ponce
Subject: Re: byte-compiler very slow
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:14:40 +0200

Hi All,

[...]
> A first quick comparison between the 21.2.1 and latest CVS versions
> of bytecomp.el codes showed me that the main addition that could
> impact performance could be related to the new (nice) feature that
> reports symbol positions on byte-compiler messages.
[...]

I did more performance measurements of the byte-compiler with a
version where I disabled handling of symbol positions, and not noticed
a sensible speed up of byte-compilation.  So the slow down, compared
to 21.2.1 version, seems to be caused by another change.

I must admit that I don't see what actually causes a such performance
degradation.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

Hope it helps.

Sincerely,