odd machine configs: mips-siemens, gec63, pfa50, att3b

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: odd machine configs: mips-siemens, gec63, pfa50, att3b
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:03:09 -0400

Is anyone familiar enough with these machines to answer a couple
questions?

The mips-siemens config defines XSETINT in a way that looks broken; it
appears to retain the old type of the object being set as the new
type, instead of setting it to Lisp_Int.  Does Emacs even work on this
system?  I'm inclined to just delete the macro, but I'd prefer
confirmation.

In the gec63, pfa50, and att3b config files, some configurations play
some interesting games with VALBITS, VALMASK, and the like.  My guess
is that this code predates DATA_SEG_BITS, and it would be enough to
set DATA_SEG_BITS appropriately and let VALBITS and the rest be set by
lisp.h.  And I doubt the att3b definition of XINT is correct any more,
even if the comment is.  Can anyone confim my suspicions?  Maybe even
test a patch (or if they've got a little time, write it)?

Ken