Re: Easy keybinding

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Easy keybinding
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:00:35 -0600 (MDT)

    One common way to invoke menu items is to move the mouse to the menu
    bar, press the (left) mouse button, drag the mouse until the right
    item is highlighted, then release the mouse button.

    I guess (but I'm not 100% sure) that selecting a menu item means to
    do all steps up to, but not including, the button release.

Do you mean that the user keeps the button pressed down
and types a key, in order to set that key?