Re: More clues on the redisplay bug (Re: Emacs appears to hang)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: More clues on the redisplay bug (Re: Emacs appears to hang)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:00:38 +0200

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:32:41 +0200, Károly Lõrentey <address@hidden> wrote:

> The bug is not specific to ruler-mode, but I think it's a general
> problem that may be related to header lines.

It is definitely related to trying to scroll while the last line is not
fully drawn. As Emacs resizes the frame at startup (and perhaps other
frame's creation) time to display full lines, the bug doesn't appear
unless you do something to draw partially visible lines. An easy way is
to put a header line whose contents is of a different height that the
lines in the buffer.

> A few experiments with my previous builds indicate that the bug may be
> related to this change:

Yes.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u