Re: Several serious problems

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Several serious problems
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 05:19:03 +0200

>     Yes, that helps a lot.  I must go into the RC branch, please, to make
>     it available to the public.
>
> It might depend on too many other changes to be easy to put into RC.

Since such a patch would prevent file corruptions from happening it's
worth all effort.  IIRC, the reason not to install the unification
feature was: "it isn't tested enough".  Of course, this argument isn't
valid since we need a solution for a known problem -- users already
suffering too long.

Without the unification feature I cannot recommend Emacs 21.x to
european users having to deal with latin1 and latin9 encodings.  At the
moment, they are better served using Emacs from the CVS trunk.

Thanks for considering the issue and for your answer!

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o